As well as offering a competitive recruitment service, our approach to candidate engagement will help you to target a wider pool of talent, diversifying your workforce, with all the benefits that brings.
Many traditional recruitment services fail to reach under-represented groups in society and so their employers miss out on committed and enthusiastic employees. We want to change that.
The Recruitment and Workforce Challenge
- Attracting great talent in the current climate is a challenge for many employers
- Are you finding it difficult to attract candidates with the right attitudes and skillsets?
- Are approaches, which once worked, no longer providing the recruits you need?
- Perhaps it’s time to look at new and innovative ways to recruit and retain staff
This isn’t just about competitive rates of pay, it’s also about doing things differently
The Solution – Diverse and Inclusive Recruitment
- Attracting and hiring individuals from under-represented groups can help to solve your talent shortage
- Simple changes to the way you promote vacancies, will help you to attract a wider candidate pool
- Small changes to the way you assess candidates will give you the opportunity to consider a broader range of candidates with the right skillsets and attitudes
Build a Diverse Workforce with Aspire in Partnership
We offer a comprehensive recruitment service covering temp, temp-perm and permanent positions across a wide range of roles and business types.
- We will support you to take positive action in your approach to recruitment and the way you make hiring decisions
- Our team will target candidates from diverse backgrounds including BAME, LGBTQ+, gender networks and people living with disabilities
- We assess all candidates prior to submission so you can be confident the candidates you select for assessment are well prepared
- In many cases, we pre-train candidates in the specific skills-sets and functions you require – meaning they hit the ground running and less time is spent on induction
Onboarding and Retention
- We can advise on the right infrastructure to onboard your new hires so they feel included and in a position to deliver their best work
- We will help you to take new approaches to induction, training and progression planning, which don’t cost a lot but make a big difference
Our workforce development packages will ensure your staff learn new skills specific to your needs meaning staff develop and progress, increasing retention, satisfaction & productivity
The most forward-thinking companies now see that diverse recruitment not only lies at the heart of successful talent attraction strategies; it supports wider business aims as well:
- Mirror the make-up of your local community – reputation as a good employer
- Reflect your customer base – customer-loyalty and attachment to your ethos
- Commissioner priorities – many invitations to tender demand proof of social impact
- Deliver Social Value – more and more customers and employees are as interested in a company’s ethos as they are in charge rates or rates of pay
Working with us will lead to results which showcase your organisation as an inclusive and modern employer, with all the benefits that brings.
Proven track record
The Growth Company has worked with the University of Manchester to break down the barriers that prevent candidates from a variety of different backgrounds from finding work. This partnership has proved that putting Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at the heart of recruitment really works, as we have supported more than 4,000 local residents into roles at the university over the last 10 years.
Dr Julian Skyrme, Director of Social Responsibility at The University of Manchester, says: “We believe that by combatting these barriers to entry for candidates of all backgrounds, we can help improve the quality of applications and preparedness for work from local candidates, which supports individuals, families and businesses to thrive.
“While progress is being made in supporting more inclusive recruitment across our region there’s still plenty more to be done - and services such as Aspire in Partnership are making a real difference for employers across all sectors of our economy.”
To learn more about diversifying your workplace, click here.