- The Growth Company (GC) is hosting a webinar for employers interested in the Jobs for Hongkongers initiative.
- Scheduled for 9:15 to 10:00 on Tuesday, 31st October, the event will present a beginner’s guide to employing Hong Kong BN(O) residents in the North-West.
- Register to attend below.
The Growth Company is hosting a webinar for businesses and organisations who are interested in benefitting from the Jobs for Hongkongers initiative.
Jobs for Hongkongers is funded by the Department of Levelling Up, Housing and Communities (DLUHC) through a regional and national VCSE grant and run in partnership with North-West Regional Strategic Migration Partnership. It aims to help people from Hong Kong who have settled in the North West of England to find sustained employment via a dedicated website and advice service.
Taking place from 9:15 to 10:00 on Tuesday, 31st October, the online event, entitled ‘A Beginners Guide: Employing Hong Kong BN(O) residents in the North-West’, will explore the practicalities of tapping into this unique sector of the labour market. It will also outline the ways in which the programme’s website and free-to-use jobs board can help employers in the region reach and recruit the right candidates.
Other subjects covered will include:
- The benefits of hiring Hong Kong BN(O) residents.
- Understanding BN(O) status.
- An introduction to the "Jobs for Hongkongers" initiative.
- A guide to using our jobs board.
Participants will also get a chance to meet our dedicated Cantonese Speaking Key Worker and hear the stories of Hong Kong BN(O) residents already working in the UK.
Find Out More
If you are a Hong Kong BN(O) national in the North West and you are interested in learning more about the support services we offer or browsing available vacancies, visit the Jobs for Hongkongers website.
If you are an employer or employment support provider in the North West and want to get involved in the initiative, contact us today.
GC Employment helps people from all walks of life and companies in a range of sectors find the jobs or candidates to suit their needs.
We run employment services across Greater Manchester, the Liverpool City Region, Lancashire, Cheshire, and Yorkshire and Humber.
Get in touch to find out more.